How To Set Up Portable Toilet? Follow These Steps!
Luckily, setting up, using, emptying and cleaning the TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet is much easier than you might think! Here is our user guide, written out simply and clearly for any first-time portable flushing toilet users.
Setting Up Your TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet
Here is how to set up your portable camping toilet, step-by-step, before you use it. Note, it’s best to have your toilet placed where you want it before you do this, as the toilet will become much heavier once the water tank is filled.
- Unscrew the top located next to the seat of the toilet. This is the opening to the water tank. The water tank has a capacity of 3.2 gallons (12.3 liters), so fill it up as you need to! The best way to do this is by using a hosepipe, if you have access to one, or by pouring from a large jug or bottle of water.
- To use the toilet, pull the handle located between the water tank and waste tank. This will reveal an opening through to the waste tank.
- To flush, pull the pump situated on the other side of the toilet seat and push down to flush – you can do this several times to ensure you remove any waste from the sides of the toilet bowl. The T-shaped three way flush on the iside of the bowl is surprisingly powerful!
- Push the handle located between the water tank and waste tank back in to prevent any odors escaping once you have finished.
Perfectly simple – even children will have no issue using the TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet.
Emptying And Cleaning Your TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet
At the end of your trip, or once the waste level indicator begins to read ‘full’, you’ll need to empty your toilet. Luckily, this is easy too!
- Ensure that the handle between the two tanks in pushed in, so that the opening through to the waste tank is covered.
- Separate the two tanks, taking the waste tank out from below the water tank.
- Take the waste tank over to wherever you are emptying it, and pour out the waste using the rotating splash-free spout.
- Close the opening to prevent any further escaping odors.
- To clean the waste tank, you should, ideally, rinse it down with a hosepipe or jug of water first, to remove any larger particles of waste that may have been left behind.
- Once this is done, put the tanks back together as if you are about to use them.
- Mix a bottle or jug of clean water with disinfectant liquid or powder.
- Unscrew the top of the water tank and pour this mixture in.
- Pull out the handle between the two tanks, revealing the opening to the waste tank.
- Flush the water and disinfectant through the toilet. This will clean the insides of the system.
- Empty both tanks, clip them back together and close all openings – your toilet is now clean and ready for the next time you would like to use it.
Much easier than you might have expected, isn’t it?
Tips For Effective Cleaning And Maintenance
Here are a few ways that you can make cleaning easier, and increase the use-life of your TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet.
- While you don’t need to empty the toilet after every use, emptying it often will make cleaning much easier.
- Always clean your toilet thoroughly after emptying.
- Mixing disinfectant or deodoriser with the water in the water tank will help you keep your toilet slightly cleaner and smelling fresher with each use.
For any further help using your TidoHome Portable Camping Toilet, send an email to email@example.com or visit individual product pages for user guide videos.